You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps not getting access to Photo Library

On my wife's iPhone SE, she is having problems getting access to her Photos Library from Apps. She first noticed it with Instagram. She could post a photo taken on her camera but could not access any from her photo library. She has tried General -> Reset -> Reset Location & Privacy several times but that didn't work. She then re-installed Instagram. Wheras it had previously listed Photos in Setttings/Instagram, and appeared to show it had access to the library (although it kept asking for access from within Instagram app), now Photos wasn't evn listed as a possibility for Instagram to connect to. She's also had problems trying to access her Photos Library from Dropbox on her phone.

Any advice? Thank you

Posted on May 6, 2019 1:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2019 8:23 AM

Thank you. I am aware of this. It's just that my wife's issue seems to be phone specific with none of her apps being able to access her Photos Library. I can't imagine that all the apps are faulty. Something seems to be blocking access to her library.

Similar questions

7 replies

May 6, 2019 7:55 AM in response to insch

WhatsApp, Snapchat, Telegram, Viber, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Photos, YouTube, Dropbox and LinkedIn are not Apple products. Contact the App developer for any issue on these from the link below against each app.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207959

Apps not getting access to Photo Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.