Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My series 3 GPS Nike is showing only 4GB Capacity

I tried to install WatchOS 5.2 and received a warning that I do not have enough capacity. It said I need to have 1GB available. My watch app says I only have 4GB capacity with 56MB available. (500+ MB is taken up by the downloaded 5.2 update). I checked usage and I do not have enough apps, songs, photos to account for this. Why is half of my capacity missing? Is my watch defective? I should have 8GB Capacity with 4+ GB available which should be more than enough for upgrades over the next couple years. Otherwise, my watch is already outdated after owning for 1.5 years.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 5

Posted on May 6, 2019 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2019 5:20 PM

I take it you have tried a forced restart of your Apple Watch? If not try it. You also might want to try unpairing your Watch and the pairing it again. If both of those fail click on the Contact Support link at the top right of this page.

4 replies

May 7, 2019 9:16 AM in response to deggie

Forced restart did not change anything. Unpairing and pairing the watch mostly fixed the issue. My capacity now reads 5.3GB and my available space is 3.6GB. I would like to see 8.0GB capacity, but at least I can install WatchOS updates and have a more accurate representation of available space. I am experiencing a few glitches after pairing the watch. Some of the widgets on my main watch face were not populating correct data. Only some of the songs from my watch playlist transferred over. Hopefully those issues will work themselves out.

My series 3 GPS Nike is showing only 4GB Capacity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.