Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod shuffle sync with iTunes stalled

It is stuck. I have to force iTunes to close because it gets non-responsive.

Won't move past "Generating VoiceOver messages" status.

MacOS 10.13.6

iTunes 12.8.2.3

Please.

iPod shuffle (4th Gen)

Posted on May 6, 2019 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2019 6:47 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, duffman94!

I understand you're not able to continue syncing in iTunes due to it getting stuck on generating VoiceOver messages. I'd be happy to provide information to help you troubleshoot this issue.

Try turning off VoiceOver and then try syncing again: iPod shuffle User Guide

"Use VoiceOver

1. Disable VoiceOver:
  2. 1 Connect iPod shuffl e to your computer.
  3. 2 In iTunes, click the device button to select iPod shuffle, then click Summary.
  4. 3 Under Voice Feedback, deselect Enable VoiceOver.
  5. 4 Click Apply.
  6. When syncing is finished, VoiceOver is disabled. You’ll still hear some system announcements in English on iPod shuffle, such as battery status, error messages, and a generic menu of numbered playlists. You won’t hear track titles and artist names."

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2019 6:47 AM in response to duffman94

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, duffman94!

I understand you're not able to continue syncing in iTunes due to it getting stuck on generating VoiceOver messages. I'd be happy to provide information to help you troubleshoot this issue.

Try turning off VoiceOver and then try syncing again: iPod shuffle User Guide

"Use VoiceOver

1. Disable VoiceOver:
  2. 1 Connect iPod shuffl e to your computer.
  3. 2 In iTunes, click the device button to select iPod shuffle, then click Summary.
  4. 3 Under Voice Feedback, deselect Enable VoiceOver.
  5. 4 Click Apply.
  6. When syncing is finished, VoiceOver is disabled. You’ll still hear some system announcements in English on iPod shuffle, such as battery status, error messages, and a generic menu of numbered playlists. You won’t hear track titles and artist names."

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

ipod shuffle sync with iTunes stalled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.