Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access photos or camera on Tinder app since day one, 6 months ago

Nearly 6 months ago I decided to try out Tinder. Since day 1 I have not been able to access photos or camera with app (caveat: I was able to access the camera once, to take the first profile photo, but never again afterwards). I have worked with Tinder support to try figuring out why. They have pushed some patches that they hoped would fix things, but the patches did not fix anything for my experience. When I go to iPhone / Setting / Tinder, I am only given Location, Siri & Search, Notifications, and Cellular Data options. I am not given the option to configure Photo or Camera access. I am wondering (1) how is this possible, (2) how to fix it, and (3) how to ask for a refund now that nearly my entire subscription has been eaten up without me being able to use the app acceptably. Tinder support told me I have to go through Apple, but Apple doesn't seem to provide a natural way to request a refund this far out.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 6, 2019 1:51 PM

5 replies

May 6, 2019 2:17 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks. I like being able to see all the feature-requesting 3rd party apps like that in one place. Unfortunately I do not see Tinder listed. Maybe that means Tinder is having an issue correctly requesting the Photo and Camera accesses, which is just a more specific way of being perplexed. But it is good to be getting closer to understanding. I will check out that reportaproblem site; thanks.

May 6, 2019 2:20 PM in response to unchangeableUserNaaame

You're welcome. If you attempt to access the camera from Tinder, and it does not provide you with access to the camera or a dialog box requesting the access, then it is an error on the part of the Tinder app, and they would need to correct it. Given what you have written about their support, seems they don't understand it correctly. It really shouldn't be that difficult, unless you have any restrictions turned on for accessing your camera by 3rd party apps. Check Settings>Screen Time.

Can't access photos or camera on Tinder app since day one, 6 months ago

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.