Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google being redirected to Bing on my Mac using Safari

Every time I search something in Google the search gets redirected to Bing. I have read a ton of posts about this and I have addressed all the things I have found to be other peoples issues but they have not solved my problem. Here's what I have done so far:

• Default browser is set to google
  • I have deleted all my extensions (I only had 2)
  • I restarted my computer after deleting
  • I have searched for known spywear (InstallMac, Glims, Genieo) and I can not find any of those on my computer.
  • I have looked for other unknown or weird things in my applications folder, I did not see any.

What else might be the problem?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 6, 2019 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2019 6:57 PM

You have adware/malware installed. Use  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After scanning a couple of times, restart the computer and test. If necessary, follow the manual instructions.  Do not download any other programs that are listed in the articles.   Malwarebytes uninstall

https://www.2-spyware.com/remove-bing-redirect-virus.html

How to get rid of Bing.com Redirect - Virus removal guide

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2019 6:57 PM in response to Julie913

You have adware/malware installed. Use  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After scanning a couple of times, restart the computer and test. If necessary, follow the manual instructions.  Do not download any other programs that are listed in the articles.   Malwarebytes uninstall

https://www.2-spyware.com/remove-bing-redirect-virus.html

How to get rid of Bing.com Redirect - Virus removal guide

Google being redirected to Bing on my Mac using Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.