Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Adobe Application Support” is not optimised for your Mac

I keep on getting this message.

I know exactly what it is about: 32 bit support being discontinued. But it's really annoying and I want to stop it, if necessary by deleting the offending 32-bit apps. Trouble is, I can't find them. There's no app by this name discoverable by searching my computer. Where is it? What do I have to delete to get rid of this message?

This is not a clever move by Apple, nagging people about this 32-bit thing they can't necessarily do anything about.

Posted on May 7, 2019 12:29 PM

4 replies

May 8, 2019 10:15 AM in response to darditti

When you try searching in Finder for the “Adobe Application Manager Utilities” app have you enabled “system files” so they are included in the searched locations, you could also try via Spotlight.

Saying that after reading up further I don’t believe you can just delete that one aspect of Creative Cloud or the installed software, Adobe warn about that (see below).

They do provide a Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool which gives you the option to remove individual packages though.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

This talks about troubleshooting Adobe Application Manager download and installation issues but also warns that it’s required for the Creative Cloud to function.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-suite/kb/aam-troubleshoot-download-install.html

This is the relevant section.

So, if you want the warnings to stop now it looks as though you have to remove everything, if you can’t do that because you need the software it’s a wait on Adobe until they update that part to 64bit.

Sorry, but can’t see what else you can do.

“Adobe Application Support” is not optimised for your Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.