Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook shutting down randomly.

My MacBook (early 2015) has been shutting down lately if battery percentage is below 35% and would not turn on until I plug it back in. Help, I would like to think I are for the device relatively well so this is confusing.

Thanks.

MacBook, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 7, 2019 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2019 7:32 PM

Sounds like you may have a bad battery. While holding down the Option key, click on the battery icon on the menu bar to see what the status condition is listed. Anything but "Normal" or "Good" usually means the battery is failing.

You can also run the Apple Diagnostic which may perform a slightly better check on the battery.

If the battery checks fine, then try an SMC reset and PRAM reset.

You can also take it to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be checked out. Since it is a power related issue, you should take along the power adapter & cord just in case they need to be examined or tested.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2019 7:32 PM in response to vleeluvswho

Sounds like you may have a bad battery. While holding down the Option key, click on the battery icon on the menu bar to see what the status condition is listed. Anything but "Normal" or "Good" usually means the battery is failing.

You can also run the Apple Diagnostic which may perform a slightly better check on the battery.

If the battery checks fine, then try an SMC reset and PRAM reset.

You can also take it to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be checked out. Since it is a power related issue, you should take along the power adapter & cord just in case they need to be examined or tested.

MacBook shutting down randomly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.