Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

27 inch 2014 imac screen stays black when you turn it on.

I turned off my 2014 27 inch imac computer this morning. When I turned it on this evening, it chimed but the screen remained black. What is going on and how do I fix this?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 7, 2019 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2019 9:24 PM

Try resetting the NVRAM per the directions in How to reset NVRAM on your Mac. If that does not work, the restart in Safe Mode per Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support. If neither work, take it to your local Apple Store or independent Apple Authorized Service Provider to be diagnosed and repaired.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2019 9:24 PM in response to Entlebucherlover

Try resetting the NVRAM per the directions in How to reset NVRAM on your Mac. If that does not work, the restart in Safe Mode per Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support. If neither work, take it to your local Apple Store or independent Apple Authorized Service Provider to be diagnosed and repaired.

27 inch 2014 imac screen stays black when you turn it on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.