Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Plus random issues

I have an iPhone 6s Plus running the latest iOS, was originally for T-Mobile but was unlocked to be on Metro PCS, and it randomly started having problems two days ago. It does not recieve notifications anymore, iMessage does not work, FaceTime does not work, will not show Snapchats have been received unless you are in the app. My dad has an iPhone 6 and my mom has an iPhone 6 as well. All three of us are in a family plan with Metro PCS. I can text my mom and she can text me (will send as text message, not iMessage) and I can text my dad but when he texts me, I will not receive his message even though he does receive mine.

iPhone 6s Plus, 12

Posted on May 8, 2019 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2019 10:53 AM

Hello,

Start here:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime

Note: you can send text messages to yourself for testing purposes.

For the notification issues, see this:

1) Check the silent button above the volume buttons.  Do you see red?  If so, move the slider.

2) Is Do Not Disturb on?  Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.  Is it turned on?  Check the times.

3) Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages.  It is turned on?

4) Go to Settings > Sound & Haptics.  Change the "Text Tone" to a different sound.  Does it make a sound?

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2019 10:53 AM in response to drowningfish428

Hello,

Start here:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime

Note: you can send text messages to yourself for testing purposes.

For the notification issues, see this:

1) Check the silent button above the volume buttons.  Do you see red?  If so, move the slider.

2) Is Do Not Disturb on?  Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.  Is it turned on?  Check the times.

3) Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages.  It is turned on?

4) Go to Settings > Sound & Haptics.  Change the "Text Tone" to a different sound.  Does it make a sound?

Good luck.

iPhone 6s Plus random issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.