Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app repeats end of song.

I have this weird issue with the Music app on Iphone 6S running IOS12.2. When the song is done playing remaining time falls to zero, the playback starts again at about 10 or 15 last seconds of same song. Slider at the bottom is still, and timers show the song is over, yet it's playing. After that it continues to a next song. It doesn't happen every time, about every fourth or so. The same songs on my Mac play normally.

I've tried everything I could think of, including reseting the phone as new Iphone, but the issue remains.

Any ideas?

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on May 8, 2019 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2019 1:08 PM

Alright, is it every song in that playlist, or just a single song? What happens if you sync another playlist, or just sync a few songs and attempt to play them? I've seen when people have Repeat on, but that repeats an entire song, not just a portion of it. Try testing another playlist, or songs.

5 replies

May 8, 2019 12:52 PM in response to SimpleAndBackwards

Stop posting this multiple times. You are just creating a problem and are going to get yourself banned for spamming the forum.

This behavior is not normal. Does this occur when playing a single song, or is this in a playlist? Does this happen with all songs, or just selected ones? If you restored the phone to new, that would wipe all music off the phone. Did you restore a backup, or just sync some music with iTunes to be able to test this?

May 8, 2019 6:15 PM in response to SimpleAndBackwards

You’re welcome. If you attempt to play the music on the computer in iTunes, does it work correctly there? Have you tried just removing all the music from your phone and then adding selected music back to the phone and test more? I’ve not seen this type of behavior, and am just trying to make this work the way it is supposed to for you. Are these songs you purchased from iTunes, or music you downloaded to your iTunes library yourself, or other type of music download?

Music app repeats end of song.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.