Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Player On iPhone Starts Playing Certain Songs A Few Seconds In

The Music Player On My iPhone Doesn't Start Playing Certain Songs At 0:00 It'll Skip A Few Seconds Into The Track. This Only Happens On My Phone (iPhone X) Songs Play Normally On Other Devices Such As The Music Player On My iMac, Phones Running Android, Computers Etc. This Is So Irritating. I Appreciate Any Help. Thanks!

Posted on May 11, 2020 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 2:09 PM

Hello LilyRose86,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that there's pause before certain songs play on your iPhone. Thanks for already checking if the same songs play as expected on other devices as well, and I would be happy to help take a closer look at this with you.

If the songs were added using either an iTunes Match or Apple Music subscription, I'd like to have you try the following, testing if you can replicate the issue after each step:

1. If streaming the content over cellular data, test when the iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
  2. Download some of the songs in question to the iPhone if they have not yet been downloaded: Add and download music from Apple Music or buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support
  3. If they've already been downloaded to the iPhone, remove the downloads and download them again: Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device - Apple Support

If you synced the songs to the iPhone from a computer, let's go ahead and remove the songs, then sync them again:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Keep us posted on the results.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2020 2:09 PM in response to LilyRose86

Hello LilyRose86,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that there's pause before certain songs play on your iPhone. Thanks for already checking if the same songs play as expected on other devices as well, and I would be happy to help take a closer look at this with you.

If the songs were added using either an iTunes Match or Apple Music subscription, I'd like to have you try the following, testing if you can replicate the issue after each step:

1. If streaming the content over cellular data, test when the iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
  2. Download some of the songs in question to the iPhone if they have not yet been downloaded: Add and download music from Apple Music or buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support
  3. If they've already been downloaded to the iPhone, remove the downloads and download them again: Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device - Apple Support

If you synced the songs to the iPhone from a computer, let's go ahead and remove the songs, then sync them again:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Keep us posted on the results.

Cheers!

Music Player On iPhone Starts Playing Certain Songs A Few Seconds In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.