Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music plays song without command.

I play Apple Music on my iPhone 14 pro and for some reason when I’m done watching a movie or YouTube video on my phone. It randomly start playing music for some reason without command. Can someone explain why music randomly plays on my iPhone.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 4:05 PM

Hi torian2009,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand Apple Music will start playing after watching a movie or YouTube video. If you're playing music in Apple Music and you don't pause the music before you start watching a movie or YouTube video, the music will resume playing after you stop watching videos in the other apps. You may also want to turn off Autoplay which will play similar songs to the previous one. This article explains more about this: Add music to your queue to play next on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device.

"Let Autoplay pick what plays next

Autoplay takes the work out of choosing what to play next. Just play a song, then Autoplay finds similar songs and plays them afterward.

To see your Autoplay queue:

1. Tap the song that's playing at the bottom of your screen.
  2. In the lower-right corner of your screen, tap Playing Next the Playing Next icon.
  3. Scroll down to Autoplay. 

To turn Autoplay on or off, tap the Autoplay button the Autoplay button icon in the upper-right corner of your screen. If you turn off Autoplay on one of your devices, then Autoplay is turned off on any device that's signed in with your Apple ID."

We hope this helps.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 4:05 PM in response to torian2009

Hi torian2009,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand Apple Music will start playing after watching a movie or YouTube video. If you're playing music in Apple Music and you don't pause the music before you start watching a movie or YouTube video, the music will resume playing after you stop watching videos in the other apps. You may also want to turn off Autoplay which will play similar songs to the previous one. This article explains more about this: Add music to your queue to play next on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device.

"Let Autoplay pick what plays next

Autoplay takes the work out of choosing what to play next. Just play a song, then Autoplay finds similar songs and plays them afterward.

To see your Autoplay queue:

1. Tap the song that's playing at the bottom of your screen.
  2. In the lower-right corner of your screen, tap Playing Next the Playing Next icon.
  3. Scroll down to Autoplay. 

To turn Autoplay on or off, tap the Autoplay button the Autoplay button icon in the upper-right corner of your screen. If you turn off Autoplay on one of your devices, then Autoplay is turned off on any device that's signed in with your Apple ID."

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Apple Music plays song without command.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.