Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Apple Music Stops on iPad

Apple music will stop after 4 songs on my iPad Gen 6. This only started to happen after I updated to iPadOS 17.0.3.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

RW

iPad

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2023 5:55 PM

I have this exact same issue with my iPad Pro 11in 2nd gen, Apple Music stops playing randomly. It definitely isn’t a Wi-Fi problem because Spotify works great in the same iPad, YouTube videos also keep stopping but that’s another time. Apple, we need an effective sollution to this frustrating issue, and we need it now

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2023 5:55 PM in response to Skip in HK

I have this exact same issue with my iPad Pro 11in 2nd gen, Apple Music stops playing randomly. It definitely isn’t a Wi-Fi problem because Spotify works great in the same iPad, YouTube videos also keep stopping but that’s another time. Apple, we need an effective sollution to this frustrating issue, and we need it now

Oct 19, 2023 3:50 PM in response to Skip in HK

Hi Skip in HK,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

To address this behavior try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network. If the music is being streamed, try downloading and test it. Add and download music from Apple Music - Apple Support

Restart your device, Restart your iPad - Apple Support

It looks like have updated iPadOS to the most recent version, which is always great to address performance anomalies.About iPadOS 17 Updates - Apple Support

Contact Apple Support if this continues.

Get Support

Regards.

Oct 19, 2023 8:18 PM in response to Skip in HK

Hi Skip in HK,

If you haven't already, try downloading songs as mentioned in the previous reply - Add and download music from Apple Music - Apple Support. That will help to determine if the issue is with streaming songs. If the same happens with downloaded music, reach out to Apple Support for further assistance. You can contact Apple from Get Support.

All the best.

May 15, 2024 5:02 AM in response to mingoslkd

This is happening since early ios17 versions. Now there is ios17.5, it's still not fixed, music still hangs randomly when it should skip to a next song.

It's all music local on my ipad, no streaming. Airplay or not.

The Music widget is out of sync with Music App if this happens.

Bug report/feedback gets no response, even if I send screen recordings and sysdiagnose along.

Very disappointing. Feedback assistant issue: FB13556340

Apple Music Stops on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.