Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple Music Crashing

I don’t this problem only happens to me or maybe other devices also affected with it or not. No matter how I’m using the Apple Music app sometimes it crash when I want to skip a song. Do you guys also have the same problem with me? I am using iPhone 14 Pro Max with iOS 16.4.1(a)

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 9, 2023 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 1:40 AM

Hello, Alexius! While I'm not experiencing the issue, as of iOS 16.4.1(a), I can try to help. :)

Have you tried closing the Music app, reopening it and then trying to skip a song? Here's how you close an app on iPhone 14 Pro:

1. Swipe up slowly from the bottom of the screen.
  2. Pause for a moment until all the open apps show.
  3. Scroll through the different apps until you find Music.
  4. Swipe up on Music to close it.

If that doesn't help, I recommend restarting your iPhone:

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
  3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

Then see if the issue still persists.

If it does, you may need to delete the Music app and re-install it. To prevent data loss, I recommend syncing your Music library to iCloud:

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap [Your name] > iCloud > Show All
  3. Toggle on the switch for Music

Before deleting the app, make sure to open it once more so that it has a chance to sync with iCloud.

I hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2023 1:40 AM in response to alexius_suh

Hello, Alexius! While I'm not experiencing the issue, as of iOS 16.4.1(a), I can try to help. :)

Have you tried closing the Music app, reopening it and then trying to skip a song? Here's how you close an app on iPhone 14 Pro:

1. Swipe up slowly from the bottom of the screen.
  2. Pause for a moment until all the open apps show.
  3. Scroll through the different apps until you find Music.
  4. Swipe up on Music to close it.

If that doesn't help, I recommend restarting your iPhone:

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
  3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

Then see if the issue still persists.

If it does, you may need to delete the Music app and re-install it. To prevent data loss, I recommend syncing your Music library to iCloud:

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap [Your name] > iCloud > Show All
  3. Toggle on the switch for Music

Before deleting the app, make sure to open it once more so that it has a chance to sync with iCloud.

I hope this helps!

Apple Music Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.