Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slideshow in Photos

I am trying to create a slideshow in Photos 4.0. I first tried to add pictures directly to my project but had issues when trying to reorder the photos (some pics could not be reordered and kept on moving back at the beginning of the slideshow). Then I created an album and manually ordered the pictures. Whatever I did to create a slideshow (file/create/slideshow or right click on the album/create/slideshow) did not work. Well, slideshows were created, in that it worked, but the pictures never were in order.

What should I do to have the pictures in the order I want?

Thanks.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 8, 2019 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2019 2:19 PM

If you are using a theme with several photos on a slide you have already lost. The more advanced themes are having a fixed order of templates and will rearrange the phots to fill the placeholders on the templates best according to portrait mode and landscape mode orientation. For a complete control over the sequene of photos stick with the basic themes Classic and Ken Burns.

If you start with an album, where you have sorted your photos as you want to show them, create your slideshow by ctrl-clicking the album or right-clicking it. Be careful, that only the album is selected, but none of the photos inside the album.

Now use the command "create Slideshow" from the contextual menu that will appear when you ctrl-click the album. Do not use the "create" command from the File menu. That will mess up the sequence of photos.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2019 2:19 PM in response to valRC

If you are using a theme with several photos on a slide you have already lost. The more advanced themes are having a fixed order of templates and will rearrange the phots to fill the placeholders on the templates best according to portrait mode and landscape mode orientation. For a complete control over the sequene of photos stick with the basic themes Classic and Ken Burns.

If you start with an album, where you have sorted your photos as you want to show them, create your slideshow by ctrl-clicking the album or right-clicking it. Be careful, that only the album is selected, but none of the photos inside the album.

Now use the command "create Slideshow" from the contextual menu that will appear when you ctrl-click the album. Do not use the "create" command from the File menu. That will mess up the sequence of photos.

May 11, 2019 7:51 AM in response to léonie

Thank you for your answer.

I have tried a bunch of different things but nothing worked. I ended up sorting the pictures manually in the slideshow.

Just not sure what is wrong with photos, nothing works. I now have issue with the music. When I click "fit to music", the music stops way earlier than the end of the slideshow. I tried to play with all the settings, remove songs, add songs..., it does not change the problem.

Slideshow in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.