Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mirroring Iphone and iPad and iMac

Want to Mirror my iPhone and iPad and iMac - do not own Apple TV- which is what is showing up on the Control Center Mirroring Icon only - is it possible to Mirror them or do I need a Mirroring App for this- Purchased the App "Camera Lucida" and want to use them together for enlarging Drawing/Art - thanks for any help - also, if I need an App for Mirroring any suggestions for a good one would also be appreciated.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 8, 2019 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2019 7:06 PM

BJArt, feel free to contact me at ****@ gmail.com as I'm the developer of that app. If you want to mirror your iPhone to another iOS device, I know of no solutions that maintain high quality video and low lag. However, if you want to mirror to your iMac, I've had really good success with Reflector 3 - which isn't too expensive and has a nice trial period for free. Also, look into using the QuickTime player on your Mac. If you plug your phone into your iMac with a cable, you can run QuickTime and tell it to create a recording session from your phone - you don't have to record to have QuickTime display the contents of your iPhone to your iMac's screen. In my video on creating large art, I was using Reflector 2, the previous version of the mirroring app.

[Email Edited by Moderator]

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2019 7:06 PM in response to BJArt

BJArt, feel free to contact me at ****@ gmail.com as I'm the developer of that app. If you want to mirror your iPhone to another iOS device, I know of no solutions that maintain high quality video and low lag. However, if you want to mirror to your iMac, I've had really good success with Reflector 3 - which isn't too expensive and has a nice trial period for free. Also, look into using the QuickTime player on your Mac. If you plug your phone into your iMac with a cable, you can run QuickTime and tell it to create a recording session from your phone - you don't have to record to have QuickTime display the contents of your iPhone to your iMac's screen. In my video on creating large art, I was using Reflector 2, the previous version of the mirroring app.

[Email Edited by Moderator]

May 8, 2019 7:01 PM in response to VTPete

VTPete THANK YOU!

I appreciate your email address - Just purchased your App - I'm loving learning and watching your tutorials - was thinking of purchasing Draw Lucy and was reading the comments section on Amazon - someone suggested your app- after looking you up on Apple App Store I was so happy -saved me sooooooo much $ - also ordered the holder you suggested in one of your video tutorials. Thanks for the suggestions on what to do next and your quick reply- totally pleasant surprise.

Mirroring Iphone and iPad and iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.