Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod nano not properly syncing with Mohave

Since upgrading to Mohave, my iPod nano is wonky when it syncs to iTunes.

iTunes recognizes the nano but the play counts and playlists from the nano no longer update.

Some playlists update but incompletely. (The first song in a playlist never updates as played when I know I listened to it.

The playlist of top-rated songs shows a random selection of music, and when I sync, the false playlist shows songs as recently played when I know I didn't.

I'm probably the last person still using a nano at the gym so maybe Apple is no longer giving it much attention.

Any help?

iPod Nano (7th Gen)

Posted on May 8, 2019 3:41 PM

3 replies

May 9, 2019 8:49 AM in response to xtopher_nba

Hi xtopher_nba,

Thanks for the post! I understand you're seeing some unexpected play count results when syncing an iPod Nano with iTunes.

Have you made sure that your iTunes software is fully updated? Update to the latest version of iTunes

If you're already updated in iTunes, or if the issue persists after you update the app, I recommend restoring your iPod Nano to factory settings using these steps: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings. This will erase all of the content on the device and reinstall the operating system software. Once you've restored, you can then Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer and test to see if this has resolved the issue.

I hope this helps get you started!

Cheers.

Ipod nano not properly syncing with Mohave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.