Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App. Store Run Around

Can someone explain why you have to verify your payment method for a free App, but then when you follow their links there is nothing to select to confirm its been verified. Makes you wonder if it's really free or they just want to jank you later.

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on May 8, 2019 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2019 6:50 PM

You are speaking to the wrong people here. If you continue to have problems after following the steps in the support document I linked for you, then you need to contact iTunes Support, iTunes Store - Contact Us - Apple Support

We are users like you and have no access to your account.

3 replies

May 10, 2019 6:46 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

And that is the problem. I do have a valid payment method, which I was using recently to purchase music, but the software was not allowing me to verify that and kept putting me in an unending circle. As it turns out is was possibly a bug fixed when I upgraded my software to V12.2. And frankly if there software engineers are so smart then by logging in it should already link, or have a flag that my payment method is verified. Having to take the extra step is a waste of my time and shows some ineptitude of the software designers. I spend so much time around competent software engineers, that stuff like this is annoying to me.

App. Store Run Around

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.