Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does it ask to verify if I am downloading a free app

It asks me to verify billing information when I download a free app. (AFK Arena)

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 15, 2021 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 11:51 AM

Log into your account in the App Store/iTunes and you should be able to change/verify it there. Or you can click the blue Edit payment methods in the article below. When signed in and the page loads, you will be on the credit card page.

Apple ID payment information - change.  

How to Fix “Verification Required” for Apps Downloads on iPhone and iPad 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2021 11:51 AM in response to Saffa6702

Log into your account in the App Store/iTunes and you should be able to change/verify it there. Or you can click the blue Edit payment methods in the article below. When signed in and the page loads, you will be on the credit card page.

Apple ID payment information - change.  

How to Fix “Verification Required” for Apps Downloads on iPhone and iPad 

May 15, 2021 3:57 AM in response to Saffa6702

When you tap on your Apple ID, a pop-up will appear on the center of the screen. Tap View Apple ID and enter your Apple ID password.

Then, scroll down and tap on Subscriptions. If any of your subscriptions are unpaid, your iPhone will say “Verification Required” when you try to download a new app.

To prevent problems like this from happening in the future, make sure the subscription automatically renews. A lot of subscriptions do automatically renew, like your Apple Music, Apple News, and streaming service subscriptions.

Why does it ask to verify if I am downloading a free app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.