Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reset iphone

I have recieved an old Iphone 7, for work purposes only. This phone was being used by someone earlier at my office. No one remembers the password to the old apple ID, and a new appleId has been created.

But I am not able to reset the Iphone or remove the old Apple ID, as it is prompting for password everytime. also, Find my Iphone is ON.

Could anyone help please?

iPhone 7

Posted on May 9, 2019 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2019 5:19 AM

The company will have to contact Apple and provide proof of ownership in order to have the activation lock removed.

This is why they should be using Apple Business Manager (previously Device Enrollment Program) to manage company owned devices.

Without it, or proof of purchase, there is no way to bypass the activation lock without the credentials used to lock it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2019 5:19 AM in response to eshop16

The company will have to contact Apple and provide proof of ownership in order to have the activation lock removed.

This is why they should be using Apple Business Manager (previously Device Enrollment Program) to manage company owned devices.

Without it, or proof of purchase, there is no way to bypass the activation lock without the credentials used to lock it.

reset iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.