Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reset my old Apple ID?

Have an old phone purchsed about 10yrs ago iPhone 5 Model A1428 in Walmart/ATT. Was trying to use it but requires to unlock activation when I try to reset the old apple id is looking for the phone associate and cant remember the number. Can you help reset my old apple ID or remove this iphone 5 from the old account? Please advise waht to do.

[Edited by Moderator] 

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 11:30 AM

I am guessing by "phone associate" you mean a trusted device, nor can you enter a requested phone number.

If you can’t sign in, access a trusted device, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. This article explains how to recover your Apple ID after a waiting period - How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2023 11:30 AM in response to jmontan04

I am guessing by "phone associate" you mean a trusted device, nor can you enter a requested phone number.

If you can’t sign in, access a trusted device, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. This article explains how to recover your Apple ID after a waiting period - How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

How can I reset my old Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.