Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My itunes on my Macbook air doesnt work

I have a MacBook Air and about two months ago my iTunes stopped working on it. Everything else on the computer works, except iTunes. Also, everything is up to date on my computer. I don't know why this is happening, but if anyone knows why and how to fix it, please let me know!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 9, 2019 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2019 5:03 AM

Try the following in turn until iTunes works normally:

• Hold down option as you launch iTunes and keep holding until prompted to choose or create a library. Click choose then browse to the folder that holds your library and open the .itl file inside it. Typically <User>/Music/iTunes/iTunes Library.itl.
  • Hold down option+command as you launch iTunes to open it in safe mode. Assuming iTunes opens close it and then reopen without the keyboard modifiers.
  • Reboot your Mac into safe mode and try the two previous suggestions again.
  • Reinstall Mojave.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2019 5:03 AM in response to Matt_27

Try the following in turn until iTunes works normally:

• Hold down option as you launch iTunes and keep holding until prompted to choose or create a library. Click choose then browse to the folder that holds your library and open the .itl file inside it. Typically <User>/Music/iTunes/iTunes Library.itl.
  • Hold down option+command as you launch iTunes to open it in safe mode. Assuming iTunes opens close it and then reopen without the keyboard modifiers.
  • Reboot your Mac into safe mode and try the two previous suggestions again.
  • Reinstall Mojave.

tt2

My itunes on my Macbook air doesnt work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.