Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my itunes

my itunes is not responding i restarted it and it is still not responding i will try to shut down and start it again. i have a macbookpro late 2011model. any suggestions??

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 5:59 PM

Hi there Antarābhava,

I’m happy to see that you posted to the Apple Support Communities for assistance and I understand iTunes isn’t responding even after restarting. I’m happy to help with that.

I suggest trying two troubleshooting steps that may help to isolate the source of the issue. For the first step, I recommend booting into safe mode, logging in and testing to see if the issue persists. You can find the steps for safe mode located here:  Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If you’re still noticing issues after safe mode, check to see if this is something that's isolated to just your user on your Mac, or if it's system-wide. Please use these steps to create a new user on your Mac: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Wishing you the best! 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 5:59 PM in response to Antarābhava

Hi there Antarābhava,

I’m happy to see that you posted to the Apple Support Communities for assistance and I understand iTunes isn’t responding even after restarting. I’m happy to help with that.

I suggest trying two troubleshooting steps that may help to isolate the source of the issue. For the first step, I recommend booting into safe mode, logging in and testing to see if the issue persists. You can find the steps for safe mode located here:  Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If you’re still noticing issues after safe mode, check to see if this is something that's isolated to just your user on your Mac, or if it's system-wide. Please use these steps to create a new user on your Mac: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Wishing you the best! 

my itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.