Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pro Apps bundle

Hi,

I'm just looking at purchasing the Pro Apps bundle on Apple Education and can see it's £180 if pre-installed when purchasing a MacBook but £199.99 to purchase separately. Is this the same software bundle? Just wanted to check as it's a different price.

Also, if I were to purchase the pre-installed bundle alongside a MacBook, how would these be linked to my Apple ID for use across other Macs?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on May 9, 2019 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2019 3:28 PM

It's the same bundle. It's linked with the Apple ID used to purchase the hardware and software.

I honestly wouldn't get a MacBook for use with the pro apps. The system requirements are such that, except for the simplest projects, I would not get less than a 15" MacBook Pro. The minimum system requirements listed for the software are just that, what's needed for minimum requirement projects.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2019 3:28 PM in response to GG9398

It's the same bundle. It's linked with the Apple ID used to purchase the hardware and software.

I honestly wouldn't get a MacBook for use with the pro apps. The system requirements are such that, except for the simplest projects, I would not get less than a 15" MacBook Pro. The minimum system requirements listed for the software are just that, what's needed for minimum requirement projects.

May 10, 2019 12:15 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Great, thank you. I was looking at the 15 inch Pro models but there doesn't appear to be an option on Apple Education to just buy Final Cut Pro, which is the only one I'll really be using. The bundle works out cheaper than the normal price of Final Cut anyway so I figured I'd go for it.

As far as price goes, does the £20 saving by having it pre-installed mean anything? Is this a discount for buying a MacBook alongside it?

Pro Apps bundle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.