Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my friends in apple watch w cell & iphone

If i take my apple watch w/ gps + cellular OFF my wrist and take my phone with me what location will be shared in find my friends?

The apple watch correct?..... so now what happens with the iphone location? Is its still being shared?

So if someone wants to fake a location is as easy as only take i watch off leave it in a location and take the iphone with him/her.

Is this correct?

Posted on May 10, 2019 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2019 1:10 PM

Use Find My Friends on multiple devices

You can use Find My Friends on any iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch that you own. However, only one iOS device and any paired cellular Apple Watch can send your location to your followers. You can choose which one to use in Find My Friends:

• On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap Me, then tap a device under Share My Location From.
  • On your iPad, tap List > Me > Info, then tap a device under Share My Location From.

This choice only appears when you're currently signed in to Find My Friends on multiple devices.

So if you haven’t he device sharing your location as your Watch and take it off, it’ll still share the Watches location. It wont switch to your iPhone.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2019 1:10 PM in response to jelizondos

Use Find My Friends on multiple devices

You can use Find My Friends on any iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch that you own. However, only one iOS device and any paired cellular Apple Watch can send your location to your followers. You can choose which one to use in Find My Friends:

• On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap Me, then tap a device under Share My Location From.
  • On your iPad, tap List > Me > Info, then tap a device under Share My Location From.

This choice only appears when you're currently signed in to Find My Friends on multiple devices.

So if you haven’t he device sharing your location as your Watch and take it off, it’ll still share the Watches location. It wont switch to your iPhone.

May 13, 2019 8:22 AM in response to jelizondos

So you are saying that you have Find My Friends configured on your iPhone to show your location from your Watch? Find My Friends on my iPhone does not provide me the ability to configure it that way. It only allows to share my location from my iPhone, and if you look at those settings, it shows the watch listed there too. There is no configuration settings for Find My Friends on the watch.

Jun 11, 2019 3:09 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

When you have both Apple watch w Cellular + Iphone and you are out of range between both devices the location that will be shared with your friends in the Find my Friends App will be the Apple Watch instead of the Iphone as long as the watch is in yours or someone else's wrist.

So if you want to trick your followers and still recieve/make calls is as simple of just asking someone to wear your watch in X place (your house or office) while you take your phone with you, this way your followers will see you in X place while you really are in another.

#trickfindmyfriends #applewatch #findmyfriends

Find my friends in apple watch w cell & iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.