Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is "Find My" App Apple Watch location priority over iPhone location sharing

My wife and I both use our iPhone as our primary device. We want to share our location using the iPhone only and not our Watches.

The problem is we have watches with Cellular+GPS and apparently they link directly to the phone. Meaning that when we use "Find my" app, it shows our watch location and not our iPhone location. If I turn off the "Share my location" on my watch it automatically turns it off for my iPhone too. This is frustrating and the two devices should be separate.

If i turn my watch off, then the "Find My" app show my correct iPhone location.

If you go to the "Find My" app > Me > My Location ... it states "This device and cellular Apple Watches."

How can we get "Find My" to show our iPhone location only? We don't want to know our watch location, but for some reason the watch is priority and we don't use our watches regularly.

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 10:00 AM

To change the device that you're sharing your location from, open Find My on that device. Select the Me tab, then choose Use this [device] as My Location. For more info, see the 'Change your sharing device' section in:

Find friends and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

2 replies

Why is "Find My" App Apple Watch location priority over iPhone location sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.