Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display does not stay set on new MAC Mini

I recently purchased the new MAC mini and for some reason when I set up the Display to match what TV it is connected to and then restart or log off or any other steps it reverts back to what it was that needed to be changed. I did verify what I had the setting about on the old Mac Minis and I am using the same ones. What I have to keep changing each time is the Underscan. And in fact if I just press the button for the underscan and not change it, it reverts back.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on May 10, 2019 1:13 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

May 10, 2019 7:14 PM in response to Michael Reed

You may have to see if a reset of information stored in NVRAM will help this issue.

Or find a different display, or try another video/cable adapter; this may be a mis-match.

• Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

"..Settings that can be stored in NVRAM include sound volume, display resolution,

startup-disk selection, time zone, and recent kernel panic information. The settings

stored in NVRAM depend on your Mac and devices that you're using with your Mac."

The 'four-key held on startup' is a standard path for reset of this feature. Read article.

Your model is new enough for comment in Support articles, about T2 Chip, to apply.

(A different 'SMC reset' applies more to power management issues, &/or troubleshooting.)

Display does not stay set on new MAC Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.