Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini 2020 Display settings resetting on LG TV

I have a Mac Mini (2020) connected up to an LG TV via HDMI. I've configured the Display settings to have the Mac screen fit perfectly on the TV screen. However, whenever I reboot the Mac the Display settings seem to be reset, until I go into the Display Settings window and click on the Underscan slider. It then corrects itself. This is quite annoying to have to do this every time I reboot (it works fine if just using Sleep). I've tried ensuring the aspect ratio on the TV is set as 16:9 rather than 'Automatic', as found on another forum this was a suggested solution (it didn't work).

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 11, 2020 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 7:31 AM

Reset the PRAM, as per > Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, you may want to move it to one of the Mac Mini's Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports.

USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - Apple

Belkin USB-C to HDMI Adapter - Apple

for reference, see > Connect multiple displays to your Mac mini (2018) - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2020 7:31 AM in response to elpedro1978

Reset the PRAM, as per > Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, you may want to move it to one of the Mac Mini's Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports.

USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - Apple

Belkin USB-C to HDMI Adapter - Apple

for reference, see > Connect multiple displays to your Mac mini (2018) - Apple Support

Mac Mini 2020 Display settings resetting on LG TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.