Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue about overscan setting on Monterey

I have an issue with overscan setting on Macos Monterey. I previously connected my MBP to a Samsung TV, which offered me the overscan/underscan setting to adjust the frame size. I reduced the frame size to fit my TV display. When I put it back to my monitor, the display was still in "underscan", which left a big black border around. I tried to find the overscan setting in the display setting but it disappeared. Please someone know how to change it back or could just adjust the border ?. The TV was at my friend's house and currently I cannot go back. I've also tried changing the setting of the monitor but didn't work.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 7:49 AM

dqmquan64 wrote:

I have an issue with overscan setting on Macos Monterey. I previously connected my MBP to a Samsung TV, which offered me the overscan/underscan setting to adjust the frame size. I reduced the frame size to fit my TV display. When I put it back to my monitor, the display was still in "underscan", which left a big black border around. I tried to find the overscan setting in the display setting but it disappeared. Please someone know how to change it back or could just adjust the border ?. The TV was at my friend's house and currently I cannot go back. I've also tried changing the setting of the monitor but didn't work.

About overscan and underscan on your Mac, Apple TV, or other display

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202763

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2021 7:49 AM in response to dqmquan64

dqmquan64 wrote:

About overscan and underscan on your Mac, Apple TV, or other display

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202763

Dec 18, 2021 3:28 AM in response to dqmquan64

If our monitor worked correctly before w/o overscan then boot to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If it required overscan that you are likely out of luck. How are connecting the to the Monitor? HDMI ect. Can you try a different method?

Issue about overscan setting on Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.