Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Max disconnects from WiFi

iPhone will not stay connected to home WiFi network. My wife has the same phone and dozens of devices connect fine to this network.

After some trial and error I am finally able to get connected but order of events follows:

I notice LTE in the top right so I know iPhone is disconnected from WiFi. I go into WiFi and tap network name. “Password is incorrect” put in password. “Unable to connect” then sometimes it connects. If it doesn’t connect I have to power phone off with airplane mode on and that seems to work...

I don’t have unlimited data so being able to use WiFi at home is pretty necessary and can’t keep reconnecting every couple of hours whenever I notice it’s disconnected.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on May 11, 2019 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2019 11:11 AM

Check here for help, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

When the iPhone is not connected to power and is not actively using the internet connection, wi-fi will go to sleep until needed, as a battery saving measure. When you wake up the phone, it should automatically reconnect in a few seconds. If it is not, or it is showing the password error, the link I provided should help.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2019 11:11 AM in response to Tanner417

Check here for help, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

When the iPhone is not connected to power and is not actively using the internet connection, wi-fi will go to sleep until needed, as a battery saving measure. When you wake up the phone, it should automatically reconnect in a few seconds. If it is not, or it is showing the password error, the link I provided should help.

iPhone XS Max disconnects from WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.