Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

E-mail from iSupport ID, is it some kind of scam?

I've received an email telling me that someone was trying to sign in to my iCloud in China and that my Apple ID was temporarily disabled for security reason. They want me to go to the some kind of website (when I click on it, it shows me twitter and want me to redirect me to THE PAGE). This email also tells me that if I don't verify my account in 24hrs, it will be permanently blocked.

Is that true?

MacBook Air

Posted on May 12, 2019 11:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2019 11:40 PM

It's a phishing email, accounts don't get 'temporarily disabled for security reasons' etc. - you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2019 11:40 PM in response to eliza135

It's a phishing email, accounts don't get 'temporarily disabled for security reasons' etc. - you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

May 12, 2019 11:46 PM in response to eliza135

Yes, this sounds like a scam. Apple would not notify you of such an issue and give you a circuitous route through Twitter to resolve the issue.

Verify yourself the state of your Apple ID account;

https://appleid.apple.com

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.4; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.2; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.2;  HomePods, audioOS 12.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

E-mail from iSupport ID, is it some kind of scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.