Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create new icloud.com e-mail account

Trying to create a new iCloud.com email account, but receive the following message ‘Problems activating email address’.

ios version 12

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on May 13, 2019 12:34 AM

8 replies

May 13, 2019 12:42 PM in response to legjno

Hi legjno,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to create an iCloud Mail account on your iPhone due to an error message. I'll be happy to help.

On your iPhone, I recommend attempting to create the iCloud Mail account on both cellular data and Wi-Fi. This helps ensure there's no issue with the network connectivity.

If you're experiencing the error message on both cellular data and Wi-Fi, I suggest making sure that your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS 12.2. Updating the software on your device helps provide software improvements and enhanced security updates on your device. Here's a helpful article with the proper steps: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. Have a great day!

May 14, 2019 12:42 PM in response to legjno

legjno,

Understood, thanks for the additional information.

In this case, if you have another device on hand I recommend attempting to create the iCloud Mail account. Here's a helpful article on how to do that: iCloud: Set up iCloud Mail on your devices

If you continue to experience the same error message, you'll want to contact Apple Support for additional assistance. They'll be able to review this further for you. You can contact them through this link: Get Support

Cheers!

Create new icloud.com e-mail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.