Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up my iPhone

hey so guys i have a question about the back up process on iTunes locally ( by locally i mean backing up in my laptop) :

does a backup include photos , videos and music? I mean if i backup my iPhone via itunes in my laptop and later something happens to my iPhone let’s say it got broken or i forgot my password and i had to reset it or to buy another one.. if i restore my iPhone from that backup i did in my laptop via iTunes do i get all my photos , videos and music back ? Like the previous phone? (I have currently 63 GB of storage used by photos and videos only and that’s a lot to recover).

all I’m saying is that can i be sure that i will get my photos , videos and music back after i restore my new phone using that old back up? All i want are my photos video and music..

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on May 13, 2019 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2019 11:09 AM

See the following from About backups for iOS devices - Apple Support

iTunes backups

From your Mac or PC, you can make a backup of your device in iTunes. Syncing your device with your computer isn't the same as making a backup. An iTunes backup includes nearly all of your device's data and settings. An iTunes backup doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (To back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2019 11:09 AM in response to jawher80

See the following from About backups for iOS devices - Apple Support

iTunes backups

From your Mac or PC, you can make a backup of your device in iTunes. Syncing your device with your computer isn't the same as making a backup. An iTunes backup includes nearly all of your device's data and settings. An iTunes backup doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (To back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

Backing up my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.