Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

genius recommendatio

how can I turn ON genius recommendations? even after I bought tunes genius only appeared once or twice and then vanishes on next time I go to see my recommdations from GENIUS.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 13, 2019 1:27 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 30, 2019 10:54 AM in response to sergeX

There was a new build released in the last few days. Try that if you haven't updated yet. Sometimes iTunes seems to have trouble saving preferences. Try some of the suggestions in this list to see if you can get any traction.

If iTunes is apparently installed correctly try the following in turn until iTunes opens/closes/reopens/connects to the store/saves settings/behaves normally:

• Remove any SD card that might be in a card reader.
  • Exit the BTTray.exe Bluetooth utility if installed.
  • Locate the shortcut for iTunes, right-click on it, and select Run as administrator. Doing this once may fix certain launch issues. Some users were finding that with the 12.6.1.25 build, for example, they had to use this method every time and modified the shortcut accordingly.
  • Try holding ctrl+shift as you launch iTunes so it opens in safe-mode. Again doing this once may sometimes help.
  • Try disconnecting your computer from the Internet before running iTunes.
  • Delete the iTunes shortcuts from the start menu, desktop, task bar, or similar, then repair iTunes from the programs and features control panel.
  • Try Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support and test the behaviour in a different user profile or with a different library. If the problem only exists in your profile it may be possible to delete some of the iTunes preference files which it would seem that iTunes may be choking on. We can go into details later if the issue is limited to your own profile.
  • Temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus and see if that has any impact on the behaviour.
  • See the second box in Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for detailed tear down and rebuild advice. Disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus software when reinstalling and run the installer as the administrator.
  • If you installed iTunes from the Microsoft Store you may find the traditional iTunesSetup.exe installer works better for you.
  • Or see the iTunes installers section of the troubleshooting tip and reinstall the last version that worked correctly for you. Note that iTunes 12.6.5.3 or iTunes 12.8.0.150 are the minimum versions required for devices running iOS 12.

tt2

May 30, 2019 12:43 AM in response to turingtest2

even after purchasing music I see blank genius recommendations!? however, prior to my buying these cuts I sometimes would see some genius suggestions! at other times genius would always be blank!? when I go to the drop down menu to turn on or reactivate genius the "genius" tab is merely grey in color and it does not work when I try to select the turn genius on action. I have tried trial and error fix & would have thought buying music cuts would have alleviated or eliminated this issue, but my attempts have evidently failed. any suggestions or help would be most appreciated. thanks

genius recommendatio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.