Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage

I have one contact I am not able to sends texts through iMessage, every time I text this person it sends as a text and they don’t receive any of my messages, I can iMessage anyone else perfectly fine, help?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 13, 2019 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2019 1:37 PM

That would sound like it is a problem on that person's end. Are you sure they still have an iOS device? If they no longer have an iOS device, or have turned off iMessage, that is what would happen. What happens if they text you? If they do have an iOS device, have them check to see if their iMessage is activated. Also, you can try deleting their text history from your device and start over and see if it defaults to iMessage.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2019 1:37 PM in response to joelys145

That would sound like it is a problem on that person's end. Are you sure they still have an iOS device? If they no longer have an iOS device, or have turned off iMessage, that is what would happen. What happens if they text you? If they do have an iOS device, have them check to see if their iMessage is activated. Also, you can try deleting their text history from your device and start over and see if it defaults to iMessage.

iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.