Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage

Why does my iMessage not work for one contact? Before, the text box would say iMessage but now it shows as “Text Message” and whenever my texts didn’t go through I would get the notification saying “Sent as Text Message” but now it doesn’t show up even after the text has been sent. The person I’m sending the texts to has an iPhone as well. I’ve factory reset my phone, turned on/off iMessage and signed in and out of my iCloud but nothing seems to work. I have no problems with any other iPhone users I send texts to but this one specific person.

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 12:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 12:48 AM

Good thing is that this only happens with you and ONE person. I understand that the other person also has an iPhone however does that person have iMessage successfully activated? This person may be poor Wi-Fi and/or cellular areas often and that will often switch the text from an iMessage to a SMS message.

Ask that person if s/he has issues on his/her side while sending text messages.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 12:48 AM in response to Jarjar42

Good thing is that this only happens with you and ONE person. I understand that the other person also has an iPhone however does that person have iMessage successfully activated? This person may be poor Wi-Fi and/or cellular areas often and that will often switch the text from an iMessage to a SMS message.

Ask that person if s/he has issues on his/her side while sending text messages.

Axel F.

Dec 30, 2019 1:21 AM in response to Axel Foley

Hey Axel thanks for the reply. He has iMessage successfully activated and has had it on. He’s never had any problems with cell reception or WiFi problems either. I have the feeling I might be blocked on his phone since he hasn’t replied although I think that’s a different discussion on here considering how iMessages get sent on iPhones.

imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.