Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have one contact that I can not send or receive iMessage to/from. This happened in the middle of a conversation. Both my iPad and iPhone have iOS 15.4.1. Recipient is receiving messages from others, I am also able to send/recieve from others.

How do I fix this?

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 6:18 PM

8 replies

Apr 21, 2022 1:21 PM in response to Bruce7148

Thank you for the reply Bruce7148@

Since this only occurs with this one specific contact, has the contact tried to delete the thread and create an entirely new thread to send to you? This can help us further isolate the issue. Also, make sure there are no blocks on either device as outlined under the "Manage your blocked phone numbers, contacts, and emails" section here: Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Keep us posted.

Have a great day!

Apr 24, 2022 8:44 AM in response to Nicholas_B2

Thank you all who responded. The solution seems to be the recipient deleted the thread, turned off IMessage, turned off iphone, turned on iphone and the iMessage and was able to send to me. Still not able to send to recipient. I turned off iMessage and Facetime and iphone and my network router and modem for 20 minutes. Then powered up turned everything on and it worked.

Again Thank You everyone. !!

I have one contact that I can not send or receive iMessage to/from. This happened in the middle of a conversation. Both my iPad and iPhone have iOS 15.4.1. Recipient is receiving messages from others, I am also able to send/recieve from others.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.