Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

Can someone tell me why all of my music is gone? I literally redeemed a Apple card and all of my music is completely gone!

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 13, 2019 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2019 8:19 PM

Did your subscription actually expire?

Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions

https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html

"When your Apple Music membership ends, you will lose access to any feature of Apple Music that requires a membership, including but not limited to access to Apple Music songs stored on your device, and iCloud Music Library. Apple reserves the right to cancel your Apple Music membership if we are unable to successfully charge your payment method to renew your membership."

I have seen several posts where people have been late paying and cannot see their old collection upon re-subscribing so I guess upon termination all information is immediately deleted.

You should check the terms for you country but I suspect it is the same everywhere.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2019 8:19 PM in response to nakia64

Did your subscription actually expire?

Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions

https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html

"When your Apple Music membership ends, you will lose access to any feature of Apple Music that requires a membership, including but not limited to access to Apple Music songs stored on your device, and iCloud Music Library. Apple reserves the right to cancel your Apple Music membership if we are unable to successfully charge your payment method to renew your membership."

I have seen several posts where people have been late paying and cannot see their old collection upon re-subscribing so I guess upon termination all information is immediately deleted.

You should check the terms for you country but I suspect it is the same everywhere.

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.