Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video Content Missing in iOS 12.3

Where did my personal video/home movies disappear to after the iOS 12.3 update? Only commercial content is available in the TV app on my iPhone and iPad. The videos I created and synced via iTunes are nowhere to be found on either device. How do I get them back on my iOS devices?

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on May 14, 2019 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2019 12:16 PM

I’m very disappointed with Apple after my feature length digital copy of Ratatouille was replaced with a download of the “9-Minute Preview” due to the new TV app update. Ratatouille is one of my children’s favorite movies and I shouldn’t have to pay $19.99 for a movie I’ve already purchased.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2019 12:16 PM in response to Kathryn Jobczynski

I’m very disappointed with Apple after my feature length digital copy of Ratatouille was replaced with a download of the “9-Minute Preview” due to the new TV app update. Ratatouille is one of my children’s favorite movies and I shouldn’t have to pay $19.99 for a movie I’ve already purchased.

May 20, 2019 3:18 AM in response to Seriouslydisappointed

I have same issue with 2001 a Space Odissey. Bought the movie in a Kubrick collection. All other films are available to be viewed and download, just this one is aasking me to pay again.

All happened after 12.3 upgrade.

Contacted Apple support, response is "dear customer version has changed, please buy again!!!". No comment!

Just unacceptable!

Hope this will be fixed in next update of AppleTV OS.

By the way I do have also a collection of all Harry Potter movies, which where upgraded to 4K already sometime ago. The first day after upgrade of Apple TV just the First part was in 4K, all others in HD. A couple of days later also the other episodes where put back available in 4K.

Jul 21, 2019 9:46 AM in response to Kathryn Jobczynski

ZERO RESPECT FOR ITS CLIENTS !!! - ABUSE OF APPLE ABOUT OUR LIFE AND ORGANIZATION OF OUR ARCHIVES, ONLY THINK OF YOUR PROFITS ... MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, OCCASIONING LOSSES OF OUR TIME (LIFE), IN SEARCHES OF SOLUTIONS FOR HOURS OR DAYS. EVERYTHING WORKS ON ME iOS 10, NOW I HAVE HIGH BATTERY CONSUMPTION AND THIS PROBLEM OF NOT SYNCHRONIZING MY VIDEOS AS I ALWAYS DID.

LIFE WITH APPLE EQUIPMENT IS TRANSFORMING INTO A PROBLEM AND NOT IN A SOLUTION. AND DO NOT TALK ABOUT REPAIR !!!. I AM VERY DISCONFORMED AND I AM A USER OF ALL ITS MODELS: MACBOOK PRO, IPAD AND IPOD.

Video Content Missing in iOS 12.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.