Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiply apple ID’s on one device

I’m trying to update apps on my phone and iPad but keep being asked for passwords to old apple ID’s that should no longer have control these devices. I’m signed in as me, but keep being asked to sign in as other people. How can I stop this and update the apps? Thanks

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on May 14, 2019 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2019 5:08 PM

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2019 5:08 PM in response to richie246

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

Multiply apple ID’s on one device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.