Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo compression for emailing

My iphone 6 does not give a drop down option to compress photos for emailing. How do I fix this please?

iPhone 6

Posted on May 14, 2019 4:44 PM

12 replies

May 14, 2019 5:04 PM in response to Sizzle74

I think that you have to do this in the Photos app itself. This is not very intuitive. I found this online with a Google search

Launch the Photos App

Tap Select in the upper right corner to select the photos you want to email

Tap the Share icon in the lower left corner

Tap Mail

Fill in the email address and type your message

Tap Send in the upper right corner

The window with the selections for the various options to reduce the size of the photos will pop up after you tap Send

Make your choice for the size

Beware, as soon as you make the size choice the email will be sent so make sure everything is in place, your message is typed up and ready to go.

May 14, 2019 5:29 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Is this new or did photo compression for emailing always work this way on the iPhone? I know that compression can be done right in the Mail app on the iPad, and I thought at one time it was possible on the phone, but you know worlds more about the phone than I do and I may just be making an incorrect assumption.

Photo compression for emailing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.