Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloading photos from email to photos

I tried to download a photo attached in an email on my iPhone but it doesn't appear in my photo roll. where did it go? I tapped the photo, then the icon at the bottom---save image and nothing appears in my photos. should be really simple.

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on May 10, 2022 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 11:48 PM

You may want to look in the Recents album in Photos. If someone sent you a very old photo, the photo may have a very old capture date assigned and it might be shown in the library at an older date from years ago. in recents it will appear at the bottom of the album, independent of the capture date.

If the photo does not appear at all, save it again in Files, so you can examine the format - perhaps the photo is in a format, that Photos cannot handle.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2022 11:48 PM in response to kzaztzize

You may want to look in the Recents album in Photos. If someone sent you a very old photo, the photo may have a very old capture date assigned and it might be shown in the library at an older date from years ago. in recents it will appear at the bottom of the album, independent of the capture date.

If the photo does not appear at all, save it again in Files, so you can examine the format - perhaps the photo is in a format, that Photos cannot handle.

May 12, 2022 10:59 PM in response to kzaztzize

kzaztzize Said:

"downloading photos from email to photos: I tried to download a photo attached in an email on my iPhone but it doesn't appear in my photo roll. where did it go? I tapped the photo, then the icon at the bottom---save image and nothing appears in my photos. should be really simple."

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Look in the eMail App:

What's the App? Were you using Mail? Or was it an app from the eMailProvider (i.e. gmail). Look in the

C. Check iCloud Directly:

Verify if they reside in iCloud Photos. Log in here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

downloading photos from email to photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.