Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2015 iMac does not boot at all

My 2015 iMac does not boot at all. It goes to a white screen for a about 10 seconds, then goes to the question mark folder. Holding command+r, command+s, whatever, does nothing.

I have bought a new iMac so i wanted to use this old one a s a 2nd screen but after wiping everything ogg I can't get it back up again.

nothing seems to work

Please help!!!

Selman.

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 14, 2019 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2019 10:17 AM

If you erased the hard drive, then it no longer has a bootable operating system which is why you are getting the blinking folder with a question mark. Try using Internet Recovery Mode using Command + Option + R to see if you can reinstall macOS. If you are going to use the old iMac as a secondary display, I'm not sure this is necessary. If your hard drive is failing it could make it difficult to access other modes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2019 10:17 AM in response to selmang

If you erased the hard drive, then it no longer has a bootable operating system which is why you are getting the blinking folder with a question mark. Try using Internet Recovery Mode using Command + Option + R to see if you can reinstall macOS. If you are going to use the old iMac as a secondary display, I'm not sure this is necessary. If your hard drive is failing it could make it difficult to access other modes.

My 2015 iMac does not boot at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.