Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dragging items using MacBook Pro trackpad

I'm trying to drag items in the finder to place in a folder within the working folder. I select the item/items I want to move, and press down on the trackpad to start dragging, but it just opens the item I have under the cursor, rather than dragging the items.

silly problem - what am I doing wrong??

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 15, 2019 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2019 7:43 AM

Open the Trackpad preferences in System Preferences. On the first tab for "Point & Click", uncheck the "Force Click and haptic feedback" setting. I am unable to master how to drag & drop while this setting is enabled. Maybe others here can provide instructions on how to Drag & Drop consistently while this setting is activated, but I've given up on it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2019 7:43 AM in response to Janaki Kuruppu

Open the Trackpad preferences in System Preferences. On the first tab for "Point & Click", uncheck the "Force Click and haptic feedback" setting. I am unable to master how to drag & drop while this setting is enabled. Maybe others here can provide instructions on how to Drag & Drop consistently while this setting is activated, but I've given up on it.

dragging items using MacBook Pro trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.