Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mojave calendars events dimmed

recently upgrade to mojave on new iMac. many calendar events dimmed and do not show up in searches.

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 15, 2019 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2019 8:13 AM

I found this article that suggested clearing the cache and it worked! Took all of 5 minutes.

Excellent step by step info including recommending to do the export/backup to your desktop first. Then I was able to import all my info and the search now works perfectly.

3 replies

May 16, 2019 6:39 AM in response to Hunter99

Hey, Hunter99.

I see that events in the Calendar application are dimmed and not searchable. I'm happy to help.

Symbols used in Calendar on Mac -- The symbols in the Calendar app can help to determine what may be causing the issue.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac -- If the issue persists, restart your Mac in safe mode and test how it responds. Afterwards, reboot normally and log into your own user account. Remember this when booting in safe mode: Graphics performance limited in macOS Recovery, safe mode, or Guest User mode 

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac -- If the issue is also happening in safe mode, use this article to create and test a new administrative user account. This will demonstrate if the issue is isolated to your account, or if it's system wide. Set up the Calendar in this new user account the same way you set it up in yours.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

mojave calendars events dimmed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.