Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly no sound gets to speakers but only for Quicktime

I was downloading some videos and checking them in Quicktime, then one time I opened a file the video played flawlessly but there was no sound.

iTunes gives me sound.

Browser radio streaming gives me sound.

I have Sound Bunny and Boom 2.

I did not change any settings between sound and no sound in Quicktime.

I am still pursuing various tests to see what might be the cause, but if anyone has any thoughts I certainly would appreciate getting any.

Thanks.

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 15, 2019 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2019 5:53 PM

Never mind. It seems the installation of Boom2 had gone bad. It kept finding a second instance to run that I could not find, so I uninstalled it and Quicktime sound has been restored, albeit at a lower overall volume. I'll try reinstalling Boom2 probably after I put in the new sound "card" needed by Mojave, and, since Mojave has undergone whatever number of iterations, I'm about ready to move to it from High Sierra.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2019 5:53 PM in response to whldorsey

Never mind. It seems the installation of Boom2 had gone bad. It kept finding a second instance to run that I could not find, so I uninstalled it and Quicktime sound has been restored, albeit at a lower overall volume. I'll try reinstalling Boom2 probably after I put in the new sound "card" needed by Mojave, and, since Mojave has undergone whatever number of iterations, I'm about ready to move to it from High Sierra.

Suddenly no sound gets to speakers but only for Quicktime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.