Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost all of my music

Hi! I got an email from apple saying that my subscription had a billing problem and to update my information. I did so but this morning I had zero music on my iTunes on my MacBook or my iPhone. I don't know what to do! Ive lost years of music and I don't know how to get it back.

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on May 15, 2019 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2019 5:22 AM

Were you relying on iCloud Music Library as part of Apple Music or iTunes Match to store all of your media? You really should have kept all your content downloaded to your computer, using an external drive if the internal drive was too small. Contact iTunes - Official Apple Support for assistance resolving your payment issue. With luck the iCloud Music Library can be restored if you act quickly enough.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2019 5:22 AM in response to alayna224

Were you relying on iCloud Music Library as part of Apple Music or iTunes Match to store all of your media? You really should have kept all your content downloaded to your computer, using an external drive if the internal drive was too small. Contact iTunes - Official Apple Support for assistance resolving your payment issue. With luck the iCloud Music Library can be restored if you act quickly enough.

tt2

Lost all of my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.