Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I use safari and some app's on WIFI

After I updated my Iphone 6+ with the last update 12.2 a few months ago I had issues with some app's not updating only when on WIFI. I googled the problem and can't remember exactly what I did - it might have been turning power off/on and toggling the WIFI button. It worked after that. Now a month or so later I have am now not able to access Safari "because the server cannot be found". Also Instagram and Facebook don't fully load. They all work when I am on my phone's network. I have been googling this and trying different things such as what I did before and also turning bluetooth off/on, clearing browser history. I have lots of space so that isn't the problem. This has been for 3 days. I did read that some users had problems after logging in to websites using Safari - I did log in to a website just before this happened and had a few problems when logging in but eventually was able to access the website. If I reset the network settings will I lose contacts, email set up, etc? I am hesitant to do it because I am not a techi. Help please!!

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on May 15, 2019 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2019 4:21 PM

It is possible there's something wrong with the wifi at your house - that's why I asked.

So, test wifi elsewhere and let me know how that goes.

Also, if you haven't restarted your modem/router in your house recently, do so and see if that helps.

~Lyssa

5 replies

Why can't I use safari and some app's on WIFI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.