Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did my keyboard short cuts stop working after todays macOS Mojave 10.15.4 update?

I use the short cuts to speed repeated replies to the same correspondence all day. They stopped working after today's update. They really save a lot of time for repetitive typing. I read previously about their length, but that is not the case here; they all stopped working. Help?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 16, 2019 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2019 1:46 PM

Did you check the System/Keyboard/Shortcuts or Text preference pane to make sure they were still there?

Boot into Safe Mode and try the shortcuts from there. Any change? Reboot normally and try again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2019 1:46 PM in response to KeyboardShortCutCut

Did you check the System/Keyboard/Shortcuts or Text preference pane to make sure they were still there?

Boot into Safe Mode and try the shortcuts from there. Any change? Reboot normally and try again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing.

Why did my keyboard short cuts stop working after todays macOS Mojave 10.15.4 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.