Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie won't play video

My iPhone 8 videos import to iMovie just fine...but as a single photo. Won't play as a video. A little flash window appears that tells me "Video is exported as an image. Export to disk to retain video file". I have NO idea what that means, because I'm exporting it from my photos into the iMovie! I have changed the setting in my phone to the "Most Compatible" one and did a test...still doesn't work.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 16, 2019 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2019 7:59 PM

He had me click on "Photos" in iMovie...then when "My Albums " appeared I went over to "All my Albums", and presto, there they all were, from 2012 to 2019! Had to do LOTS of scrolling to find 2019 though! From there, I just double clicked and everything in the album smoothly went into iMovie, including my iPhone videos! So easy it is almost embarrassing that I needed help!

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2019 7:59 PM in response to Rich839

He had me click on "Photos" in iMovie...then when "My Albums " appeared I went over to "All my Albums", and presto, there they all were, from 2012 to 2019! Had to do LOTS of scrolling to find 2019 though! From there, I just double clicked and everything in the album smoothly went into iMovie, including my iPhone videos! So easy it is almost embarrassing that I needed help!

iMovie won't play video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.